Linwood Homes Post and Beam Superior
LINWOOD HOMES PACKAGE SPECIFICATIONS
Post and Beam Superior Home Package
The Linwood Superior Post and Beam home package has been carefully selected to give you more choices, more options and the best value. It also contains the construction plans and materials needed to get your home built to the important lock-up stage quickly.
1. Concept design drawings
2. Construction plans
3. Foundation plans
4. Hi-line structural framing components
5. Brand name windows and doors
6. High performance siding
7. Superior roof system and materials
8. Trim, fascia, soffit and interior liner
9. Full range of product options
10. Comprehensive warranties
1. Concept Design Drawings
Linwood includes concept design drawings in its home package. These drawings can cost a considerable amount of money when purchased separately from designers or architects.
Concept design drawings show the proposed floor plan and exterior look (elevations) of the home. This is the easiest and least expensive time to make design changes. We have a large team of in-house experts who can help you create a full custom concept design.
Once the concept is finalized these drawings are used to prepare construction plans. Having a well thought out concept design will save you a lot of money during the construction process.
2. Construction Plans
Our final construction plans are widely regarded as the best in the business by custom builders. They contain all the detail required to obtain building permits and build the home quickly and efficiently.
Customized construction plans are generated based on your concept design. All our plans are Engineer reviewed for conformance to the National Building Code in the United States. Our assurance of conformance, however, does not extend to include special local conditions, seismic and /or wind loading. A local engineer should be retained to respond to these conditions. Any applicable local costs are the responsibility of the customer.
3. Foundation Plans
Linwood includes a foundation plan for the home, including crawlspace, partial, full or walk-out basement. This plan is based on standard soil load bearing characteristics. The main and upper floors of the home package can be built on any type of properly constructed foundation.
- Materials needed to complete the basement are available as an option. These materials consist of exterior and interior framing lumber, support beams and posts, sheathing, siding, exterior doors and windows to match the main and upper floors of the home.
- Materials such as anchor bolts, hardware and shear walls required by local engineering or building codes are not included.
- Costs resulting from local engineering requirements relating to foundation work and structure of the home are the responsibility of the customer.
4. Hi-Line Structural Framing Components
We use hi-line appearance grade structural framing lumber. This is kiln dried for maximum stability. It is superior to standard export grade product and can only be sourced from selected sawmills.
This premium material gives you faster construction, straighter walls and a better interior finish result with less waste. We also use high quality structural plywood floor sheathing and OSB wall sheathing. Many contractors and building inspectors have commented that our framing material is the finest they have ever seen.
Floor System Features:
- Solid 2”x10” SPF wood joists for ease of construction.
- 3/4” tongue and groove plywood to allow many flooring products to be applied directly.
- Glue to attach plywood securely to joists.
- Cross bracing for maximum strength and stability.
- Engineered joists are an option for designs with longer floor spans.
Wall System Features:
- 1/2” OSB sheathing.
- 2”x6” SPF pre-cut studs on 16” centers to provide outstanding structural loading capability.
- Treated sill plates and insulating gasket.
- Typar vapor barrier system for maximum weather protection.
- Optional panelized wall systems are available for faster construction.
5. Brand Name Windows and Doors
We only include brand name windows and exterior doors with superior warranties manufactured to our specifications by national suppliers.
You can take advantage of our volume buying power and still get full custom design flexibility. This is because only large manufacturers can supply the many shapes, sizes, colors and functional characteristics required in today’s custom home construction. Linwood selects these products specifically for energy efficiency, low maintenance, high performance and exceptional value.
- Milgard dual pane vinyl windows in white or tan featuring picture, slider and single hung windows. Multiple window styles are available.
- Limited lifetime warranty and low maintenance.
- Low E coating and argon gas to reduce heating and cooling costs.
- All opening windows have locking systems and screens.
- Options include a virtually unlimited choice of specialty shapes, and grilles.
- Windows by other brand name manufacturers increase the optional product offering to include wood, vinyl with a clear hemlock jamb liner, metal clad or fiberglass in a large selection of designer colors.
- Coastal windows with impact-resistant glass and frame reinforcements for high wind applications are also available.
Exterior Door Features:
- Jeld-Wen 6 panel steel doors with a tough 24-gauge steel skin and primed jambs.
- Energy Star ® insulation values in energy efficiency.
- Doors are 3 feet wide for easy access.
- Comprehensive 10 year warranty.
- Wide range of options including solid wood and fiberglass doors and glass inserts and sidelites in many sizes and finishes.
6. High Performance Siding
Linwood offers a wide variety of siding in various top quality materials. Engineered composite siding from national brand name manufacturers comes primed or pre-finished in a number of popular colors.
A variety of western red cedar siding options are also available. Pre-staining is frequently chosen to reduce labor costs and to allow siding to be applied in any weather conditions.
- A choice of Fiber Cement woodgrain 8 ¼” lap siding, pre-finished in solid colors with a 15 year paint warranty, or Linwood brand 1”x8” re-sawn face western red cedar bevel siding.
- Guaranteed amount of siding to cover the exterior of the home in a horizontal application.
- Optional rain screen window flashings and rain screen battens to create airspace capillary break between siding and wall sheathing are available where required.
- Many different siding options available.
- Optional western red cedar channel siding, which allows vertical or horizontal application to give the desired exterior look. Wide range of pre-stain colours available.
7. Superior Roof System and Materials
We specialize in roof systems that support cathedral ceilings and vaulted areas as well as conventional flat ceilings. This allows the use of large window arrangements to provide the maximum amount of natural light.
Our minimum structural roof loading capacity on any roof is 60lb per square foot. Our expertise in post and beam construction allows us to upgrade snow loading capability to over 500lb per square foot. This kind of construction also offers excellent protection from high winds and earthquakes. In addition we give you the best combination of structural options and the most design flexibility available in the market place. This makes our roof system the strongest in the industry.
Roof System Features:
- 2”x12” solid wood D-Fir pre-cut roof joists with 2”x4” cross strapping.
- Douglas fir glulam exposed beams and trusses where indicated on plans.
- Optional upgrade to 2”x15” solid wood SPF pre-cut rafters with 2”x4” cross strapping. Scissor and attic trusses are also available.
- High performance CertainTeed Landmark fiberglass shingles with lifetime limited warranty.
- 1/2” OSB sheathing, with H-clips.
- 15lb roofing felt to protect the entire roof.
- Roof flashing in valleys and continuous ridge venting.
- Ice and water shield for eave and valley protection.
- A wide range of shingle and metal roofing options are available.
8. Trim, Fascia, Soffit and Interior Liner
There are many options available depending on the preferred look and style of the home.
- Primed 1”x6” tongue and groove pine soffit is included with the options of a primed fiber cement panel or 1”x6” tongue and groove western red cedar.
- 2”x8” and 2-2”x8” primed solid SPF wood fascia boards are included on gables and eaves. Triple 2”x8” primed solid SPF wood fascia boards are featured where beams extend to fascia. Upgrades to primed 4/4”x8” Fibre Cement or 1”x8” western red cedar are available.
- Primed 1”x4” SPF wood window, door and corner trim is included. A wide variety of trim options are available to achieve the desired exterior look.
- Interior liner is available in pine or cedar to give the home a natural look in feature rooms.
9. Full Range of Product Options
Linwood has specialized in offering true custom design for over 40 years in order for customers to get virtually any desired look. We offer a very wide range of options in virtually all products used for home construction. Full details are available at our sales locations. Options selected will be detailed in the products listed in Schedule A of the purchase agreement.
10. Comprehensive Warranties
Warranties are only as good as the strength of the companies that provide them. This is why Linwood only works with national brand name suppliers who have a proven track record of service. You get one of the strongest combinations of warranties available.
- Linwood offers a 10 year structural warranty.
- Warranties from manufacturers of building products range from lifetime to minimum two years depending on the materials or components selected.
Homes in the plan book and on the website may differ in size, layout and finishing to the floor plans. Package does not include site specific engineering, engineering hardware, insulation, caulking, vapor barriers, interior finish, overhead garage doors, construction, plumbing, heating, electrical, paint, floor coverings or cabinets.