Building Your Dream Home
Thinking about building a home or vacation home in the near future?
These 3 steps will help you get started:
- Evaluate Your Position. Be able to answer the following questions:
• Where on your property do you want to build?
• Do you have a particular design in mind?
• What natural features does your property have?
• Are all site services in place?
• What size of home do you want?
• What kind of quality do you want?
• When do you want to start building?
• When do you want to move in?
• Have you researched building costs?
• Have you prepared a budget?
- Make Informed Decisions. Do your homework on the following:
• Compare similar projects to get the truth on costs and timelines.
• Understand the differences in building material quality and performance.
• Choose suppliers who can service their products in the field.
• Beware of unrealistically low construction costs.
• Ensure that all costs are included in your project budget.
• Only enter into contracts with qualified builders.
- Protect Yourself and Your Family . Learn about the following:
• The stages of building a custom home.
• Designing to meet your needs and your site specifications.
• Budget planning and managing cash flow during construction.
• Important timing for permits, approvals and material delivery.
At no cost, or without any obligation, Cedar Designs can provide you with the answers
to these questions.
Book a free consultation to learn more today.
This complimentary consultation will help you create the best value for your project, whether you are building a home for enjoyment, resale, or both.